Online: 0 Guests: 32
Just last week we reported that Rachel Weisz was getting ready to sign a deal that would see her play the wicked witch in Oz, the Great and Powerful. Now comes word that the brunette has her agents also negotiating with Universal's lawyers in their Black Tower to star in The Bourne Legacy, the fourth film in that studio's shaky cam spy franchise.
Universal wants director Tony Gilroy filming their picture this fall, which could place Weisz unavailable to cackle in Sam Raimi's Oz picture shooting this summer. Likely Weisz's agents are trying to find a way to have their client star in both films, thus giving us, the gentle public, two opportunities to see her in the moving pictures. The fact that her agents would also stand to earn more dough in commissions is merely a byproduct of the creativity being created.
Universal's already locked and loaded Jeremy Renner (The Hurt Locker) to play the new uber-spy, allowing Matt Damon a chance to possibly earn his freedom from the series. (Or, if Renner's new Swiss Army knife spy isn't well-received by the public, Universal leaves the franchise alone for three to five years and then offers Damon more money to come back and reprise Jason Bourne once again. It happens.)
- 4 Ray Harryhausen: 1920-2013
- 2 Review: Iron Man 3
- 1 Promo: Agents of SHIELD
- 1 Opinion: Why Star Trek Into Darkness fails
- 0 Game of Thrones: Season 3, Episode 5 Deconstructed
- 0 Game of Thrones: Season 3, Episode 6 Deconstructed
- 0 Game of Thrones: Season 3, Episode 7 Deconstructed
- 0 Game of Thrones review: Season 3, Episode 6
- 0 Game of Thrones review: Season 3, Episode 5