Online: 1 Guests: 20
Since the reboot of the James Bond franchise with Casino Royale and the casting of Daniel Craig as 007, there has been no quartermaster for the gadgets of MI6. The character of Q, as he's been called throughout the Bond series of movies, will finally rememerge in Skyfall and be played by Ben Whishaw. Today the producers of Skyfall and MGM finally confirmed what was widely assumed: that Whishaw will play the new Q in the film, and the first photo of the actor as Q was also presented.
"It’s a real thrill to confirm the return of Q in Skyfall played by the enormously talented, Ben Whishaw. We are delighted to have this beloved character back in the series," said series producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli in a statement.
Q has always been seen as a bit of an aristocratic cultured gentleman more than a tech nerd. Even in the first photo of Whishaw as Q, one gets the sense that the Bond producers are rebooting the character to have a more nerdy, tech feel to him.
Starring Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem, Judi Dench, Naomie Harris, Ralph Fiennes, Albert Finney, Helen McCrory, Berenice Marlohe and Ola Rapace, Skyfall arrives in theaters on November 9.
There are currently no comments
- 4 Ray Harryhausen: 1920-2013
- 2 Review: Iron Man 3
- 1 Promo: Agents of SHIELD
- 1 Opinion: Why Star Trek Into Darkness fails
- 0 Game of Thrones review: Season 3, Episode 5
- 0 Game of Thrones: Season 3, Episode 5 Deconstructed
- 0 Game of Thrones: Season 3, Episode 6 Deconstructed
- 0 Game of Thrones: Season 3, Episode 7 Deconstructed
- 0 Game of Thrones review: Season 3, Episode 6