Online: 2 Guests: 42
Release Date: October 8, 2010 (North America)
Genres: Drama MPAA Rating: PG
Production Phase: Released
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures Production Company: Mayhem Pictures
Who's In It: Diane Lane (Penny Chenery), Dylan Walsh (TBA), John Malkovich (TBA), Scott Glenn (TBA), Fred Thompson (Bull Hancock)
Who's Making It: Randall Wallace (Director), Mike Rich (Screenwriter), Mark Ciardi (Producer), Gordon Gray (Producer),
Premise: A housewife with no knowledge of horse racing takes over her family's farm and finds herself the owner of a prize-winning racehorse.... More »
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Disney has given us a second poster, this one a teaser, to go as a companion to the one-sheet released in June.- Walt Disney Pictures. Comment on this Scoop (0)
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Disney has provided us with the first poster for Secretariat as well as some notes about the film:
- In 1973, Secretariat became the first U.S. Triple Crown champion in 25 years, setting race records that still stand today in the Kentucky Derby and the Belmont Stakes.
- Penny Chenery, the woman that Diane Lane plays in the film (and who is now 87), was an integral resource in the making of the film. She also appears as an extra in one of the film's scenes.
- In 1973, Secretariat graced the covers of three magazines the same week: Time, Newsweek and Sports Illustrated.
- Director Randall Wallace, whose directorial credits include We Were Soldiers, is the Oscar- and Golden Globe-nominated screenwriter of Braveheart.
- In 1999, the U.S. Postal Service unveiled a 33-cent postage stamp with Secretariat's image.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Former United States Senator Fred Thompson, who's also had a distingushed career playing government types as a character actor, has a role in Secretariat. He's playing Bull Hancock, a family friend of Penny Chenery (Diane Lane's character.)- Variety. Comment on this Scoop (0)
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Dylan Walsh, John Malkovich and Scott Glenn have joined the cast of the movie. Walsh will play Diane Lane's lawyer husband who has to learn to accept his wife's new career as a race horse owner; Malkovich is the trainer of Secretariat; and Glenn will be a wealthy southerner who loses the horse in a coin flip.
Filming starts this week on the movie.- The Hollywood Reporter. Comment on this Scoop (0)
Friday, September 4, 2009
Secretariat has been given an October 8, 2010 release date by its studio.- Walt Disney Pictures. Comment on this Scoop (0)
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Walt Disney Pictures is prepping the 1970s period drama Secretariat for a fall start. Diane Lane has been cast as Penny Chenery, the real-life housewife who, after taking over her father's Virginia farm, discovered that one of its horses was a champion racer. While Secretariat went on to become the 1973 Triple Crown winner Chenery faced financial pitfalls when she was faced with a sizeable inheritance tax and was pressured to sell the horse to keep her head above water.
Randall Wallace (We Were Soldiers) will direct from a script by Mike Rich (The Navity Story).- Variety. Comment on this Scoop (0)